Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Legally Blonde the Musical!!






















Bailey Hanks is a true southern belle from Anderson, South Carolina. She is the winner of the MTV Hit reality show, “Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods” replacing Tony Award nominee, Laura Bell Bundy, in July 2008. Being a huge fan of the musical, and Bailey, I was fortunate to sit down with her for an interview.


Q1. How did you find out about the auditions for MTV’s “Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search for the next Elle Woods?”

I found out through one of my good friends that went to college with me. She found out about it on Playbill.com then told me, I said to myself, I have to do that!



Q2.  What were the auditions like for MTV’s, The Search for the next Elle Woods?

They were very long, stressful, and there was a lot that went into them. It was grueling, strenuous, and worked non-stop because it was one big audition everyday, so it was tough.


Q3. What’s the best part about playing Elle Woods?


She is a good role model to females and is a wonderful, fun, encouraging, energetic character. I love to play roles that can be a good, positive influence for women. 


Q4. How long have you rehearsed and what do you do?


We rehearsed from January 2nd to February 10th. We had four days of just practicing technique, so not very long.


Q5. What was the transition like of being on Broadway, then coming to Walnut Creek?

It was tough because this show was a lot different than the Broadway show. It was a lot more enjoyable because I got to be a part of the creative process and help create my own “Elle Woods” , it was both fun and a challenge. Although, I am always up for a challenge, especially in something I love!


Q6. What are your favorite things to do in your free time here in the Bay Area?


I haven’t had a lot of free time but, I’ve enjoyed going into the City with Letah Abrams, who plays Serena. She has taken me into the City twice. I mean I love shopping, that’s kinda my (pause) guilty pleasure. That’s all I’ve really had time to do, I haven’t really been able to do much.

Q7. For a teen that wants to pursue acting, or has dreams to be on Broadway, what advice do you have for them?


Stay involved in the Arts in any way, shape, or form. If you audition for a show and don’t get it, help on the crew, help with the tickets, and give back. Take workshops, be apart of anything in theater because everything is going to give you experience. You never know who you are going to meet that will be able to give you opportunities that you wouldn’t have had unless you met them. The more experience you have the better you can be at honing in on your tools and getting better at what you love to do. So that’s why I would say to stay involved and work, work, work, because it’s a learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment